Thursday, October 27, 2016

Pinecones Stamped on Recycled Paper with Technique Junkies

Hello Dreamers,
Hope your day is going well!  I am still busy making Christmas cards.  I have completed all my Fall Holiday cards and the Halloween cards were mailed and are on there way.  So, let's check out a batch of Christmas cards I made using stamps from the October New Releases from Technique Junkies.

Now, being the fugal crafter that I am, I reused something to make the cards. Back story--I made a trip to the post office to send out a card order and buy some stamps.  The stamps were put in a nice shiny bag.  I thought it seemed like very interesting paper and I should not throw it out.  Okay, I know, not throw out a bag from the Post office??  But, really, just look at the bag.



As, you can see, I have stamped on the bag.  I used dye inks.  They worked the best.  I tried others but they did not turn out as well.  After cutting the bag apart, I was able to stamp five of the Pinecone images.  And, I turned the stamped bag into these cards...



Materials:
Stamps: Pinecones and All is Calm from Technique Junkies
Ink: Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black Memento dye ink
CS: gold
DP: Striped holiday paper MME
Burlap Snowflake ribbon
Charm
Bag from Post Office



Make It:

  • Make a card base with gold CS
  • Stamp Pinecones on the Post office bag with Rich Cocoa ink and trim to size
  • Add pinecones piece to card base
  • Tear pieces of decorative paper and add to the card base on corners


  • Stamp All is Calm with black ink in upper corner
  • Tie ribbon in bow 
  • Glue charm and bow to card front


Two more color options:




Of course, I had to try the stamp on other types of paper and CS.  I used different ink colors too.  Here are some more examples using the same layout.

Stamped on other types of papers:
Glossy White CS






 Shimmery cream CS





Regular white CS


The cards went together pretty quickly.  I spent most of the time going through all my decorative papers to find striped papers that coordinated with the stamping and CS.  LOL   I made ten all together.  They are going in my Christmas card list box.

Hope you enjoyed checking out the cards!!  See you again soon for more Holiday projects!!
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Terrific set of cards! So right to have kept and used the post office bag...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.