Monday, July 6, 2015

Guest Designing - Paper Girls Challenge

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Dreaming and Creating!  Today I am Guest Designing for The Paper Girls Challenge Blog!!  The Girls have a fun challenge theme!  The theme for the next two weeks is:

BABIES

For my project, I made a sweet welcome baby card.  I stamped on  mixed media paper and watercolored with dye inks.  I thought the nest stamp would look cute with a tree background of some kind.   I decided on a tree trunk embossing folder.



Materials List:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studios
Ink: Stazon Jet Black; dye inks for water coloring
Paper: Strathmore Mixed Media Pad
CS: Almost Amethyst and Certainly Celery from Stampin’ Up
Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz
Ribbon and Pearls

Paint brush



Instructions:

  • Make a card from Amethyst CS
  • Dry emboss celery CS and add to the card base
  • Stamp the birds on Mixed Media paper with Stazon ink
  • Water color with a brush and dye inks -  get the brush slightly wet in water and pick up the ink
  • Add to card front
  • Tie ribbon in bow and glue to card
  • Add Pearls



Isn't this sweet!  Love how the tree embossing looks in the background.  Stop over to the Paper Girls Challenge blog and check out the other Design Team projects and link up a card of your own!  So glad you stopped by!!
Karen

2 comments:

  1. so cute! TFS hope all is well with you...
    warm hello from California
    Bibiana!
    Current #TBT Challenge at my blog: "Any shaped card"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.