Friday, August 8, 2014

Dragonfly Border Stamp with Washi Tape---Lost Coast Designs

Hi Dreamers!
Happy Friday!   I hope you have some fun stuff planned for the weekend.  I just received a card order from my friend and neighbor for thirteen cards!  Yipee! I know what I will be doing this weekend!  I mowed the grass today.  And pulled all the weeds out of the pavement cracks.  How the heck do they grow there!!!  If I wanted something to grow there, it surely  wouldn't.  Oh well, that is done.  I still have to water all my neighbors plants in the morning.  And, I have to water mine too.  

And, now on to the card for today.  As you know, I have been making a few cards with Lost Coast Designs Border stamps and washi tape.  This is the third and final card in the series.  ***See the other cards in the series here and here.


Special Note: Lost Coast Designs' new challenge is now open.  The current theme is Words and/or Letters.  


Click over and check it out.....there are prizes...... I will be posting my card with Words later in the month.


For today's fun yet elegant card, I used a silver and gray color scheme.  Love how those dragonflies dance across the card!






Materials List:
Stamp: Dragonfly Border from Lost Coast Designs
Ink: Gray Flannel- Memento
CS: White and gray
Washi Tape- American Crafts 





Instructions:

  • Make an A2 sized card from dark gray CS
  • On a piece of white CS, stamp the Dragonfly border with Gray Flannel ink at the top and bottom
  • Add three rows of Washi tape






  • Add the stamped piece to the card front
  • Tie ribbon around the bottom edge of the of the card.  I added a bit of glue on each edge and under the bow to help the ribbon stay in place
  • Decorate the inside by stamping  the border stamp at the bottom edge


















A pretty card that I can use for any occasion.  I have plenty of room on the inside to add a sentiment or write a note.  I think I could use this for an anniversary card because of the colors.....  What do you think??


********A few fun challenges for my Dragonfly with Washi Tape:
Bloggers Challenge: dog days of summer --open to interpretation.  One sees dragonflies on a hot summer day.....
Crafts 4 eternity: anything goes
Sister Act: anything goes
Craft-dee Bow: anything goes with a bow
Stamp and Create: anything goes
Papertake weekly: anything goes
Through the craft room door: anything goes


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great weekend.   See you next time!  Love ya.
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Lovely, simple and totally elegant. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ August challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and elegant, Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beauty and simplicity of your card.Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.