Welcome to Dreamland! Today is the day! My first post as a Step Sister for The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge Blog. I will be guest designing this month!! Check out their challenge blog. They have two super fun challenges on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. And as today is the 2nd Wednesday, a new challenge starts today!!
The Challenge Theme: Baby --any baby themed card or project
And, here is my Baby themed card:
Stamps: Baby Carriage - Pink Persimmon
Ink: Rich Cocoa - Memento
CS: Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip - Stampin' Up; Blue textured - Bazzill
DP: Hope Collection - Authentique
Brown Lace Fabric
Blue and Brown Ribbon - Hobby Lobby
Standard Circles Small die cut - Spellbinders
Circle, Scallop - Sizzix
- Make a square card from the Blue textured CS
- Add a layer of Chocolate Chip CS
- Cover with two different papers
- Stamp the Baby Carriage on Very Vanilla CS with Rich Cocoa ink
- Die cut with the Circles Spellbinder
- Cut a scallop circle from Chocolate Chip CS and layer with the stamped circle
- Make the ruffle: Cut a strip of the brown lace fabric. Run hand gathering stitches down one long edge. Pull up the gathers. Place a line of glue on the back of the stamp circle and press the ruffle into the glue.
- Glue this unit to the card front
- Add the blue pearls
- Tie a bow in the ribbon and add to card front
Now, I have a pretty vintage baby card to send out to someone!!
I hope you will join in with the Challenge!! Make your project and link it up on the Sisterhood Challenge Blog.
******************A few fun Challenges for my Vintage Baby card:
Simon's Wednesday Challenge: die crazy
Penny's Challenge: anything goes
Cuttlebug Mania: baby
Craft-Dee Bowz: anything goes with a bow
Crafting from the Heart: anything goes
How is your week going? Well, I hope. Feels like summer here in Michigan. Nice and warm--and sunny. I did get some work done in the garden yesterday morning. I will get out there today too if the rain holds off. Lots going on this month in Dreamland!! Next week is a new Love to Scrap Challenge, 15 Days of Terror with Leigh's Domino Art, Moon Goddess from Lost Coast Designs, another Sisterhood Challenge, and more of the Operation Write Home cards............ I have been busy!! Have a super day! Love ya