Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ancient Ornaments with Blockhead Stamps

Hi Dreamers!
I have been away for a few days.  My poor dear husband has pneumonia and has been pretty sick.   I snuck in a few hours here and there to make a few things and do a bit more organizing in my studio room.  I picked up a few more containers for markers.  On today's card, I used  stamps from Blockheads Paper Arts to make this dramatic vintage card.





Materials:
Stamp: Ancient Ornaments from Blockheads  (the other larger stamp is from a retired Blockheads sheet)
Ink: Mushroom Adirondack
Distress Inks: Bundled Sage and Vintage Photo
CS: dark green, black, kraft, and cream
Old potato bag--the netty kind





Instructions:

  • Make a card from dark green CS
  • Lay a netty potato bag on top of the card
  • Apply Bundled Sage DI by pouncing an applicator tool over the netty bag.  (Wipe ink off bag with a rag)
  • Distress edges of card with Vintage Photo DI






  • Stamp the two images with Mushroom Adirondack ink on kraft and cream CS
  • Layer each with black CS
  • Add to card front



Inside



  • Stamp the Ancient Ornament again on the inside on cream CS
I will stamp a sentiment on the inside later; when I use the card.  I will send it to someone who likes vintagey things.   

I will be back later with some photos of my garden.  And, some pretty cool cards made with Lost Coast Design stamps.  See you then!!  Love ya.
Karen

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear your husband's unwell - hope he's at least on the road to recovery.

    Lovely elegant stamps, and a really great card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.