Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Reflection Stamping with Third Coast Rubber Stamps

Hello and Happy Tuesday,
Hope you are having a great week.  My week is good so far.  It is very, very hot here in Michigan.  90 degrees+(Fahrenheit).  I am enjoying the air conditioning.  Good time to make cards.  Yes indeed!  I have a Design Team card for you today.  Again I am using the  Doireann Dances stamp from Third Coast Rubber Stamps.   I used the reflection stamping technique to make a mirror image.  I created a "mirror" from die cuts and decorative paper.
My thinking behind this card was that the lovely lady was preparing for the ball.  She is gazing at her image and imagining how she will look in the ballroom.  I used the striped DP because it reminded me of wallpaper that would be in a lady's boudoir.



Materials:

  1. Stamps: Dorian Dances – Third Coast Rubber Stamps.  
  2. Card Stock: Medium Blue from DCWV; Glossy White; Bordering Blue and Basic Black from Stampin’ Up.
  3. Decorative Paper: Stripe and Light Pink from DCWV.
  4. Ink: Jet Black from Stazon; Tuxedo Black (ME-900) from Memento.  Perfect Plumeria from Versa Magic.
  5. Embellishments: Silver Pearls; Pink Tulle.
  6. Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig Plastic Sheet from EK Success; Watercolor Crayons from Stampin’ Up; Beaded Ovals (S4-294) Spellbinders Nestibilities; Oval die cut- Frame Scallop Oval (654638) Sizzix; Distressing Tool from Ranger; Zots Clear Adhesive.

Instructions:
Make card from Medium Blue CS.  Layer with a piece of Bordering Blue CS cut slightly smaller.  Stamp first image on glossy white CS and color with Watercolor Crayons blending crayons with finger.  Cut out this image.  To edges, add the Perfect Pulmeria ink with distressing tool. 
To make the Mirror Reflection: Using the clear plastic sheet that comes with Stamp-a-ma-jig, stamp the image on the plastic sheet with Tuxedo Black dye ink.  Flip the sheet of plastic over (inked side will be facing down) and press onto the Light Pink DP. 
Die Cut Beaded Oval from stamped Light Pink DP (distress lightly with Perfect Pulmeria ink) and a smooth oval from Black CS. Layer and glue together.  Cut a piece of Black CS slightly smaller than Bordering Blue layer and add a layer of the Striped DP to it; add the “mirror” to the left side of this piece.  Wrap a strip of tulle around this piece and glue to card front.  Now add the original stamped image over the tulle on the right side of card.  Add the Silver pearls.  

I also decorated the inside and here is what that looks like.  There is still plenty of room to write a note.



Check out the Third Coast Rubber Stamps Design blog for more inspiration!!




I am also entering "Reflection" in the SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW Challenge: show some embossing- I used just a touch of dry embossing on the mirror's frame.

Well, I have to get going.  I have a stack of accounting work to do today.  But, that is fun too.  I hope you have a super day and take some time to do something you enjoy.  Speaking of enjoying, I think I will go make a pot of yummy coffee.  Love ya.
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Very cleverly done. I havn't seen this done before so thanks for the detailed instructions.
    The backing paper is also a perfect choice.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliantly done:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen....wonderful card! TFS the instructions!!

    thanks BUNCHES for playin along with the TEAMIES and Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.