Friday, July 1, 2011

Another Christmas Card in June???!

Hello again!
Yes, another Christmas card in June.  Serendipity Stamps is having a fun challenge.  We are challenged to use a Serendipity non-Christmas stamp to make a Christmas card.   So, a little twist.  This one will make you think a bit.  LOL.  I used a strawberry stamp that I had in my collection called Strawberry Hearts (1083QCL)
And, take a look at the prize!!
Well, I put my thinking cap on and came up with a cute little card using the strawberries.  I computer generated the sentiment in Word and printed it out on white CS.  Take a look.

I stamped the strawberries with black die ink on white CS and colored with Copic markers.  I stamped two sets of the strawberries.  I added lots of color with Tattered Rose and Fired Brick Distress ink (Ranger).  I covered the entire surface of the stamped piece with Ranger Clear Resist ink.  I sprinkled clear embossing powder over the image and heat embossed.  Cut out the berries on one of the sets of Strawberries and set aside.  Make a card from Green CS (AC Cardstock) and layer with  Striped Christmas Paper (Anna Griffin).  Wrap a Christmas ribbon around card and tie in a bow.  Layer one of the Strawberry pieces with green CS and add to the card front placing over the ribbon.

Place the extra Strawberries over the original image with dimensional squares.  Add  some red rhinestones (Colorbok).
Add distress inks to the sentiment and layer with green CS and add to card front with dimensional squares.  I also have a photo of the inside to show you too.

I left plenty of room on the inside to write a little note.  So, I think this  is a very Christmasy card even though I did not use a Christmas stamp.  Very Fun.
Okay, that's enough for me today.  I really need to go to the grocery store.  ( I had to borrow a stick of butter from my neighbor this morning)  And, I have a bunch of July 4th cards for my neighbors.  I am going to drop them in their mailboxes.  So, better get going.   Have a great weekend!   Love ya.
Karen

3 comments:

  1. It's adorable! Follow me at
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'ts stunning ......:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely Karen...love the ribbon you have used and what a clever way to turn Strawberries into a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.