Thursday, October 21, 2010

Non-Traditional Christmas Image

Hello,
And here I am back again for another round. I have been busy creating projects over the last few days. And now I am able to show them to you. I have used another of my new DeNami stamps to create this clean and simple Christmas card. I think this is a non-traditional image, but I used traditional Christmas colors.



I stamped the swan (DeNami) with pigment ink (Cosmic Copper -Tsukineko) and embossed with clear powder. I colored in the beak with a Copic.
CS: Always Artichoke and Bravo Burgundy - Stampin' Up.
I made the ribbon ruffle by running a row of hand stitches down the middle of a length of satin ribbon. I wrapped it around the card and took some sticthes to hold the ends together and used a drop of Fabri-Tac to keep the ruffle in place. I added a bow from the same ribbon. I stamped a sentiment (TPC) using the same ink and embossing powder and punched it out. Here are some detail shots so you can see up close.

This ribbon ruffle was really easy to make and makes quite a statement. Don't you think??

Challenges for the Christmas Swan:

DeNami: Christmas Card

Stampin' Royalty: Ribbons, Ribbons, Ribbons

CCEE Stampers: Ruffles

Tip Top Tuesday: Anything Goes (don't need a tip)

Winter Wonderland: vintage

One Stitch At A Time: Anything Goes and your favorite embellishment- my fav embelly is ribbon of course!

So now that is it for me today. It is nice and sun shinny here. I should get out and do some of the fall clean up in my garden. I could trim back the peonies. Yes, maybe I will do that. Well, whatever you decide to do today, I hope you have an enjoyable day! See you soon.

Karen

14 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty, Karen! I love the ruffled ribbon and seeing the Swan makes me want to pull it out of my stash. :)

    Thanks for joining us in the DeNami challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ribbon is stunning, love the richness of this card.Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely to see a non-traditional Christmas card Karen! Your ribbon treatment is awesome and I know how beautiful the copper ink looks in real! ~Ira

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that ribbon so lush really sets the card off so well, thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland, hope to see you back tomorrow
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card hun and the ribbon looks amazing!!
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week would love to see you next week too
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is stunning, love your image
    thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT this week
    good luck
    Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simplicity of the swan. Great card.
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card! Love that ruffled ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW how gorgeous is that ribbon? love it to bits! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Royalty this week.
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen. This is so elegant. I am a huge fan of ribbons so love the ruffle. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card - love that image - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE your ruffled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card! I LOVE that ruffled ribbon! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Love the image :)

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.