Friday, October 15, 2010

Challenge #2 At The Stampsmith Challenge Blog!

Hi Everyone,
Today begins challenge number 2 over at the Stampsmith Challenge Blog. First, I would like to say how great all the entries for the first challenge were. Yep, they were great. Lots of talented people out there. Check over to the blog and see who won the gift certificate and the"highlights".

Now for the second challenge! This is a color theme and we challenge you to create a project using specific colors :
Black and White and One Other Color

with at least one Stampsmith Stamp to qualify for the draw! If you do not yet have any Stampsmith images, please join us for the open challenge on November 1st.

For my Design Team card I choose rusty red for my "one other color". I used a Lucy Stamp that is available from the Stampsmith Shop. I added a telephone stamp and a sentiment from Gina K. Designs. I call this card "Phone Tag".


Now you see why I called it "Phone Tag"....funny huh? The image was stamped with black dye ink on glossy white CS. I die cut the image and the Red DP (My Mind's Eye) with a Sizzix die. I added black brads to the tags and layered them onto the numbers DP (DCVW). I used Rust CS (DCWV) for the card base. And of course, lots of black sheer ribbon.


Well, I think this is a fun card. Now, get busy and show us what you can come up with! Don't forget...there is a prize too. A $10 gift certificate to The Stampsmith Shop. Thanks for stopping by! Have a super day!

Karen

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card for such a fun show! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the play on words - cracks me up! This is a super fresh card with super fun details! So very very sorry it was delayed in showing up in the post for this challenge!
    Wonderful fun!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card Karen! Love all the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this Lucy-inspired project. The B&W with red is so spot-on for that era !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the retro vibe to this card. You really captured the feel wonderfully. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.