Friday, November 15, 2019

Thanksgiving Rocker Card

Hello Everyone!
Having unseasonably cold and snowy weather here in Michigan, USA.  We never have snow in November.  Had 10 inches on Monday! The leaves are still on half the trees.  No one was ready for snow... even the trees  LOL     Anyway....

I made some cards to send out for Thanksgiving.  I used a rocker type card base.  This is really quite an easy base to make.  The only difficulty was not having a die to cut a large enough circle.  So, I used the old fashioned compass  and cut two by hand.  I also used some purchased die cut scallop circles I had in my stash. 

I folded the circles in half and added the smaller circles and sentiment.  (The stamps are older Stampin Up stamps.) 

This green and brown version are made from  purchased die cut scallop circles





The orange card is made from one of the circles I hand cut. 



This is what the card looks like from the side.


So, pretty cute, I think.  I like this rocker base and will use it for other cards.  Would be really cute for birthday cards too. 

Still haven't started my Christmas cards.  Have you started yours yet??  I know what stamps and dies I am going to use: The Cup of Cheer set from Stampin Up.  I die cut a few of the mugs yesterday to see what they will look like and, that was as far as I got.  LOL.   I might spend some time on it today if my ankle is not throbbing too much  (broke my ankle in July and still having lots of problems...Going to physical therapy three times a week ).

Hope you are having a great day!  See you next time!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.