Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Refashioned Denim project

Hello Everyone,
Changing things up a bit today with a sewing project.  I have jumped on the refashioning band wagon in a big way.  I find it  is so rewarding to take a garment that is never worn and changed into something really cool and fun to wear.  The project today is refashioned from a pair of denim shorts.  The shorts were never a favorite and did not fit well. 
This is a picture of the shorts.  I have already taken them apart at the crotch seam.



Here is my new warp denim skirt.  I added a second denim to the front and bottom edge.  I sewed an exposed  separating zipper onto both edges of the front.  This how I get in and out of the skirt.  I added some large snaps on the opposite edge of the front to keep the skirt closed and in place.






This is a view  of the back.  I did have to add a small godet in back to get everything to lay flat. 


This was such a fun project!  I enjoyed the process of working through the refashion step by step.  I liked the end results so much, I made a second skirt in white denim.  I will share the photos of that project later. 

Hope you enjoyed this interlude of sewing.  Next post will be about card making, but I will continue to show you my sewing projects too. 
Hope you are having a great day!!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.