Back today with another Christmas card. This card was made with ribbon scraps. Here is how I used the ribbon scraps to make this project.
- I collected a huge pile of ribbon scraps: all lengths, widths, and colors.
- Press a piece of cotton fabric nice and flat; I used muslin.
- Lay out the muslin on a heat proof surface: I used my ironing board.
- On top of the muslin, lay a sheet of Stitch Witchery Fusible bonding web
- Place all the ribbon scraps on top of the Stitch Witchery, butting the ribbons together, completely covering the muslin.
- Use a press cloth and fuse the layers together with an iron.
- Now you have a piece of ribbon fabric
- Cut triangles from the ribbon fabric and use them for the trees.
- I added a piece of brown twill ribbon for the tree truck
- Glue to CS with Fabric Tac glue
I made a few cards with a colored background too.
Super way to use all those ribbon pieces that you can't bear to toss in the trash.
I also think you could cut circles from the ribbon fabric and make an ornament.
Thanks for stopping by. Next post I will have a few more versions of my ribbon tree cards. Have a great day.