Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Day of the Dead Celebration With Lost Coast Design

Hello Everyone!
I am now moved into my new house and am still super busy unpacking, cleaning, trying to figure out where to put stuff, etc.....
I do have all my stamping supplies out of storage and I am working on setting up a work area.  I have lots of room in the basement, but the lighting is not that great.  I am also working on sewing some valances for the kitchen.  Yup, I like to sew too.

Today, I have a card I made before the big move.  This card is for the Day of The Dead Celebration on the Lost Coast Design Portal to Creativity Blog.


CONTEST RULES
  • You can use ANY stamp companies on your entries BUT if you use only LCD/CV stamps your entry will count as two and doubles your chance at winning the prize! 
  • Become a Follower of Lost Coast Portal to Creativity
  • Submission must link directly to your project, not just your blog home page
  • Include our event info and link in your blog post 
  • No backlinking to old projects published prior to the start of the contest
  • Please leave us a comment after you link up, we do love hearing from you!
  • No limit on how many times you can enter
  • No limit on how many events or challenges you can combine ours with
  • You may enter our events and Challenges even if you don't have a blog.  Upload your project to a photo sharing sites or personal Facebook accounts, and set the privacy setting to "Public", include the name of the event or Challenge in your photo description! 



 Materials:
Stamps: Skull with Hat - Carmen's Veranda and Birds in Trees Background - Lost Coast Designs
Ink: Black dye, Red Pepper Adirondack
Distress Ink: Pumice Stone and Black Soot
CS: White, black, red, and gray textured
Copic Markers
Black  and red ribbon
Baker's Twine


Instructions:

  • Make a card from gray textured CS and distress edges with Distress inks
  • Stamp the Birds in Trees background with Red Pepper ink
  • Color the trees with gray copic makers
  • Add a layer of black to the Trees background and add to card front
  • Wrap ribbons and bakers twine along right edge



  • Stamp the Skull with Hat with black die ink and color with Copics.  I also colored the black ink areas with a black copic to really darken the black
  • Add a layer of black and red CS and add to card
I hope you will join the fun in our Day of the Dead Celebration!!
I will keep you posted on my progress re working area.  I really need to get back to making cards!  It is time to start on Christmas cards...Yikes.   Oh, speaking of Christmas, Carmen's Veranda is hosting a Christmas Event this year!!  Stay tuned for more Details on that!!    




I hope you are having a great day!! See you soon!!
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.