Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sympathy Cards

Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to pop in and say hello and post  a few ideas for sympathy cards.  I know that sometimes they can be hard to make.  I like to use soft colors and natural elements...like flowers or butterflies.  I made these for a card order.

Card #1

Two embossing folders were used for this card.  I applied Distress ink to the bird and then layered.


Card #2


The background is a DP from K & Company; the stamp is from Hero Arts.



Challenges for my Sympathy cards:
Brown Sugar: anything goes
Jo's Scrap Shack: anything goes
Just add Ink: just add texture
Sister Act: anything goes


I hope that gives you a few ideas for making sympathy cards.  I will be back on Monday with a new challenge with Love to Scrap with a Thanksgiving card.  See you then and have  great weekend.  Love ya
Karen

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful on both inspite the occasion of it... Very lovely...Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen. These are lovely ideas for sympathy cards! I agree, they are often so difficult to do.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both beautiful cards and I love your use of the embossing folders to add texture. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sympathy cards are even more difficult than male cards! Love the soft colours you chose, very subtle and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are beautiful, Karen. I especially like the first one; love the texture and the inking. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very nicely thought 'Sympathy' cards.. Thank you Karen for sharing your lovelcard with us at Brown Sugar Challenge this week.
    Kind regards,
    Gloria
    DT member BSCB

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both lovely sympathy cards Karen. I found the simplicity of the first quite striking - and the texture adds just the right amount of detail. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, these cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely, elegant cards. The bird on the first one is fabulous. Your combination of embossing and inking is great! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.