I am enjoying the lovely summer time weather! Spending a bit of time outside in the yard. Did not want to come in!! LOL
I had picked up some Washi tape recently and was brainstorming about how to use it on my cards. And, I started to think.....washi tape....border stamps... might be a really cool combination. It just so happens that Lost Coast Designs has a fabulous selection of border stamps. Check them all out here. I grabbed a few borders and started playing around with them. I came up with three finished projects. I will be sharing all three with you over the next few days. This is day one and as you can see, I combined a border stamp with brightly colored Washi tape, inks, and CS.
CS; White, Orange and Yellow from Bazzill
Ink: Pearlescent Rust Pigment Brilliance; Orange Dye Ink
Distress Ink: Mustard Seed
Embossing Powder: Kaleidoscope - Stampendous
and Yellow from Bazzill
- Make an A2 size card with orange CS and layer with yellow CS
- On White CS, stamp the Stars Border with the pigment ink and heat emboss
- Stamp and emboss the border stamp three times over the white CS
- Add the Washi Tape to fill in the spaces around the stamping
- Apply the distress inks to the white CS--on the edges and into the middle of the piece
- Add to the card base
- Stamp the sentiment with orange dye ink on white CS
- Tear the edges and add to card with dimensional adhesive
I just love this combo of Border stamps and washi tape!! It is really fun and you can accommodate any mood or theme just by varying the inks and cardstock.
*********So, let's enter this fun Birthday card into a few challenges!!
Pile it on: embossing
Through the Purple Haze: anything goes
Cards in envy: happy birthday and A2 size
Cheerful Stamp pad: card for a guy
My Craft Creations: anything goes
Sister act: anything goes
Simon's Wednesday: emboss it
Stayed tuned for the second of my Border stamps/Washi Tape cards!!! See you next time!! Hope you are having a great day!! Love ya.