Thursday, July 4, 2013

Vintage Bird Single Layer Card


Happy Fourth of July!!

Hi Dreamers,
Not doing too much today for the holiday.  My husband is still not feeling well ( still recovering from pneumonia).  He has been off work for a month now.  He is taking a nap right now.  That gives me some free time to do a bit of blogging.  I have a fun single layer card to share with you today!  I used "Timely Bird" from Hero Arts  for this project.  I went all vintagey!!






  • Make a folded card from pale yellow CS (this is Barely Banana from Stampin' Up)
  • Tear bottom edge
  • Stamp image with Onyx Black VersaFine ink
  • Layer a paper doily onto the card--cover the stamped image with a scrap piece of paper
  • Spray paper doily with spray inks (I used Willow Walnut ink)
  • Let Dry









  • Spray more of the Willow and add a bit of Walnut spray ink
  • Color the flowers, leaves, and clock faces with Distress Markers
  • Distress edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink









  • Add a bow and some tiny pearls
  • All done!  Stamp your favorite sentiment on the inside






This card is entered in the:
Hero Arts: single layer card
Ruby's Challenge: things with wings


So, that is all for me today.  I will be sharing all my bug themed cards next.  So, stayed tuned for that!!  I made a bunch of those.  Very fun!!   Have a great day!!  Love ya
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your card is so beautiful your so talented l like all of your creations x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen...I love this card! Very vintage and just so beautiful. A great image with some gorgeous colours. Looking forward to the bug cards!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very stylish and gorgeous!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.