Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sitting Harlequin in Two Poses with Lost Coast Designs

Hi Dreamers!
I have been playing with a fun new stamp from Lost Coast Designs called Sitting Harlequin.  I came up with two pretty different projects using the same stamp.  One this first card, I stamped a large background stamp, Yourba Adire (also from LCD) twice in two different color palettes.




  • I stamped the background by covering the large stamp with 3 shades of the same color family Distress Inks- greens and reds/oranges.  
  • The green stamped background was sliced up into strips.  
  • I created lots of color and textural interest by layering the strips over the red colored background.  





  • Stamped the Harlequin with black ink
  • Color with Markers





  • Tie a sheer green ribbon around the card.
  • Slip a piece of red velvet (that has been cut with pinking shears) under the bow.  Secure with a dab of Fabri-Tac glue.  



 Card #2

The second card is made with the same Sitting Harlequin stamp.  I created a different type of background for this card.  
  • Cover an acrylic block (the kind you use with your clear and cling stamps) with gray pigment ink. 
  • Press the block onto white CS.
  • Heat set the gray ink




  • Stamp the Harlequin with blue pigment ink and heat emboss with Pearl embossing powder.  -----All pigment inks and embossing powder are from A Muse Studios.
  • Layer onto black and blue CS.
  • Add black/white bakers twine and rhinestones



 
I just love the shimmery effect of the blue pigment ink and Pearl embossing powder!!

How about a few fun challenges for my Harlequin cards??!!!
For Card # one
Mandarin Orange Monday: orange artwork
Eclectic Paperie: use fabric
365 Cards: add texture
Crazy Amigo: color challenge-red, orange, yellow, black, white
Tuesday Alchemy: anything goes

Oh, I guess that is about it for me today.  I still have not started on those Easter Cards.  I cleaned my house today instead.  Still trying to think of something I can make for Easter that will be quick and easy.  I may just do something with pretty papers, ribbon, and a sentiment.  Not sure though.  Well, I hope you are having a great  day.  We had snow last night.  Yuk.  Winter is still hanging on.  See you soon.  Love ya.
Karen

11 comments:

  1. I have a love hate relationship with Mr Punch (scared me silly when I was little), but I love this stamp completely. Both cards are just great - love the strips of pattern in the first, but that vintage sepia number just pips it for me!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He brings back memories of childhood shows Karen....beautiful cards and techniques..loove the colours on the first one!!
    So glad you joined us over at eclectic paperie.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh totally love the red velvet fabric leaf. Adds a great touch of color pop and texture. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along with the E-Team in eP's Get Altered Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and whimsical cards. Love the red pop of color. Thanks for playing along in the eP Get Altered Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In England we call this chap Mr Punch. I love the first, colourful card and especially the strips idea. Lovely job.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both very much! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, fun and beautiful!

    Stopping from Mandarin Orange Monday- hope you can stop by.

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2013/03/the-three-gold-fish.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you did the background! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at 365 Cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome projects! Thanks for playing along in the eP challenge with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luv how you created the textured background. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.