Monday, February 28, 2011

New Getting Geographical Challenge

Hi. Happy Monday!
It is time for a new challenge at the Stamping Vacation Challenge Blog. We have changed the State Your State challenge to Getting Geographical. Now we will include places from all over the world. And , this month the geographical location is Paris.
You have until March 28th to complete this challenge. All challenge entries qualify for the monthly $ 25 gift certificate drawing. Lets see what you can come up with. Make a project and link it up over at the Stamping Vacation blog. I have a stamp set that features fabulous images of Paris: The Paris Full Sheet from The Stampsmith Shop and I used one of the images from this set. I have continued with my stamping on tissue paper theme. Take a look at my card.


The Eiffel Tower is stamped with black ink on bright blue tissue paper. This is a piece of tissue I had just laying around. It probably was in a gift bag. So, I guess you could say I am recycling. I cut the tissue with a Sizzix die. To get the tissue to cut well layer a piece of cardstock under the tissue. The tissue will cut perfectly and you will have a tag to layer under the tissue on the card. The card base is Textured So Saffron from Stampin' Up. The DP is from ATD. I added a strip of Black ric rac and a sheer black ribbon. The sentiment is also from the Stampsmith Paris set. Here are a couple of close up shots for you too.




I am also posting this card on the Stampsmith Design blog. Head over there for lots of inspriation.

Of course, I found a few Challenges for "Paris Tag".

Desert Island Crafts Challenge: My 3 Picks - No flowers, only one pattern paper, sparkle.

Party Time Tuesday(they are back): anything goes

Woodware USA: anything goes

Shelly Images: use some ribbon

I did it Creations: punches or dies

Sentimental Sundays: anything goes

Have a great day! Lots of sunshine here today. Love ya.

Karen

9 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for joining PTT this week and we hope to see you again soon!

    Patchi
    PTT-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!!! I love the Eiffel Tower stamp!! Thanks for joining us at both Party Time Tuesdays and Woodware USA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful...love the tissue idea..gotta try it! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a stunning card! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us this week at Shelly's Images for our ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the bitty bling and it's my favorite color!!! Thanks for playing in the WoodwareUSA challenge this week. Good luck!
    Kerry
    WWDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did your tag! Thanks for playing with us at WoodwareUSA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

    ~Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! How gorgeous are those colours! Really lovely, your tag is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice card...

    Thank you for joining us at IDIC this week.

    Hugs Gurkiss

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.