Monday, September 6, 2010

Color Combo Design Team Card

Hi Gals,
I have another Design Team card for you today. It is for Stamping Vacation's Challenge Blog Color Combo. The colors this month are:
Teal
Purple
Black
Click over and check it out. (And, become a follower and mention my name.) If you make a card for this or any other challenge (there is a different one everyday!!!) you will be entered in the monthly drawing.

This month the prize is a $25 certificate to Flourishes!! Have you ever seen any of their stamps??!! They have some really great images. They are carry a full line of supplies too. Okay, so here is my Design Team card using the required colors.


I used a technique I just love.....Stamping right on the Decorative Paper. I love the effect you achieved by doing this. It is so dreamy. I stamped the butterflies and a few flowers on the DP. Then cut the DP to size and layered. I added some tulle, a vintage button and some beads.
Materials List:
Stamps: Butterflies - Serendipity Stamps; Flower - Stampin' Up; sentiment on inside of card- Custer's Last Stamp, Inc.
DP: K & Company
CS: Perfect Plum and Black - SU
Ink: Perfect Plum, Not Quite Navy, Taken With Teal - SU
black tulle
Ribbon
Vintage Button
Beads

I added a detail shot where you can see the vintage button and beads.

I decorated the inside following the same theme and used a sweet sentiment.

Isn't that a sweet sentiment??!! It is great for me because I use a lot of butterfly stamps. Okay, so don't forget to make your challenge card. The Color Combo sounds difficult, but once you pull out some papers, the colors really go together easily. And, you could win the Flourishes gift certificate. And, you can check out fellow Design Team Member, Lorraine's card. It is Fab!

News Update:

Stamping Vacation will be holding a Blog Hop On September 25 and 26. There are over 10 Sponsors lined up. So you know what that means??!! Lots of prizes!! Put it on your calendar and hop along with us. We will all be showcasing our favorite handmade embellishments.

Have a great day!

Karen

4 comments:

  1. This card is stunning. Love the butterfly stamps on the paper. Never would have thought to do that, thanks for the inspiration! Great DT card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karen I loved this colour combo and your card has a magical look to it.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the colors on this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this card and can't get over it! ;) Everything just works so well together! Thanks, Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.