Friday, August 13, 2010

Stampavie Card for Challenges

Hi Girlfriends!
Nice and hot here. Good excuse to say inside and make cards. I have a challenge card today. I used one of my new Stampavie stamps courtesy of Simon Says Stamps...I won the drawing on the challenge blog over there and I finally got some Stampavie stamps that I have been wanting. I used the Sketch from the Stampavie blog. It is a really neat sketch with lots of design possibilities.


I made the card with several shades of pink and used the new Stampin' Up ink Poppy Parade. I borrowed Chris' new Just Rite Stamp System that she picked up at the Heirloom show Saturday to stamp the sentiment.

I stamped "Lily" on a die cut tag with black pigment ink and embossed. Then colored her with Copics. Using a mask, I stamped the tree and butterflies in Poppy Parade. I distressed the tag with Blush Blossom and Poppy Parade. The Scallop Accent is a piece of cotton fabric I cut with a scallop die cut. If you want to cut fabric on the Cuttlebug , add a piece of cardboard to your sandwich and it will cut through the fabric really well. I added piece of lace which was attached with staples (metal). I followed the sketch pretty closely this time.
____________________________________
Materials List:
Stamps: Lily I love Shopping from Stampavie, Just a Note Set from Just Rite, Branch Out set from Stampin' Up.
Cardstock: Bride blush and Blush Blossom from SU.
Black Pigment Ink from Colorbox
Clear Embossing Powder from Stampendous
Dye Ink: Poppy Parade, Blush Blossom and Certainly Celery from SU.
DP: Heart Paper from G.C.D. Studios.
Cotton Fabric
Lace
Die Cut Tag from Sizzix
Scallop Die Cut from My Favorite Things
Punches
Vintage Jewelry pieces
Brads
____________________________________
List of Other Super Fun Challenges this card qualifies for:
Paper Romance- Use pink and bling
Paper Take Weekly - Something old:vintage jewelry pieces, Something new: Stampavie stamp, Something Borrowed: Just Rite Stamp System
Creative Card Crew - Cute and Girly
Flutterby Wednesday - use a butterfly
Paper Sundaes - use Metal: Staples and Jewelry pieces
Die Cut Dreams - Use fabric
Wee Memories - butterfly

Here are some detail photos so you can see all the Challenge Elements.






Do you think I love pink??? Have a great day!

Karen

23 comments:

  1. really cute card love the embellishments thanks for joining us at the CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Karen..this is fab, love the layout and colour. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! All the pink is so sweet, and I like how you stamped the BG tree behind the girl image. Also your tag shape is a lovely accent and coordinates well with all your other pretties on the card, the staples & lace & charm blings. Thanks for entering CDBC8!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I lOve this image, Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at DCD with this gorgeous card, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute image and the DP is great ... thanks so much for joining us here at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the colors you used and LIly is just adorable! thanks for joining us at CDBC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable.. I love all your pink layers.. And the lace adds the perfect touch!
    Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely Karen!! such a sweet image and beautiful colors!!
    Thank you for playing along with us @ CDCB8!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. darling card! love the lace! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and colour combo Karen.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet card!
    Thank you for joining us at "Paper Sundaes" this week!
    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very lovely! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Karen :-) I love this image ,,, very cute and the papers and colours you used are perfect :-)
    It's lovely to see your goodies being used :-)

    thanks for joining us on the PTW Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you have used this tag! Thanks also for entering my birthday candy!
    Good luck!
    -Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely and one of my fav colors too
    Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty pink card, love the heart DP, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really sweet!
    Thanks so much for joining our challenge at the Creative Card Crew!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  20. CUTE!!!! Thanks for playing along at Paper Romance this week!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card! I love the image.
    Thank you for joining us at CCT this week! :)

    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super adorable. Thanks for joining in the CDBC fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute!
    Thanks for joining in with the Stampavie challenge :D
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.