How are you doing this fine Saturday??!! We haven't had any snow for a whole day so that is good!! And, the sun is actually visible! Nice change! Now, on to some crafty fun. I was inspired by the Simon Monday challenge of Cameos to make today's projects. I said to myself, "Self, you have a whole set of Cameo stamps!" Get busy!! I used one of the six Cameos from the Lost Coast Design set called "Cameos".
Materials List for both cards:
Stazon Jet Black and Saddle Brown
Tea Dye and Antique Linen Distress
mono printing Plate
I was making backgrounds with my mono printing Plate the other day (I will show you more pics of those in a later post). I thought this Apricot colored background would be really cool with the Cameo.
Let's take a look at card #1
- I used acrylic paints on a mono printing Plate to make this background. The paint colors used: brown, yellow, white, and red.
- The Cameo was stamped twice. With Saddle Brown Stazon first and then with Jet Black Stazon directly onto the Acrylic paint background.
- Asmat Bones Border Stamp (only $1.00 on the LCD web site!!) from Lost Coast Designs was stamped with Saddle Brown
- I added a piece of velvet fabric---I was thinking that often Cameos are worn on velvet ribbon around the neck.
Card two uses the same Cameo Stamp:
- Stamp the Cameo with Black Pigment ink and heat emboss with black powder on cream CS
- Color the Camaro with Tea Dye, Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass, Worn Lipstick, and Dried Marigold Distress Markers
- Tear out and distress with Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Inks
- Brush a little bit of Lumiere Acrylic paint on the edges
- To make the watercolored piece: on a craft sheet scribble the blue maker and spritz with water; press a piece of watercolor paper into ink. Repeat with Tea Dye Ink refill and other markers
- Cut a rectangle from the watercolored paper
- Layer onto CS and brown wrapping paper
- Add blue pearls
***************Challenges for my romantic Cameos:
Simon Monday: Cameos
Artistic Stamper: use distress
Country View: use paint
Allsorts: ladies day
Now, go and enjoy your weekend! Make sure you set aside some time to stamp--it is therapeutic. See you next time!! Love ya